Subject: World Cup Gala Concert
From: Frank Cadenhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 13 Jun 2018 09:43:38 -0400

The program for the World Cup Gala Concert from Moscow in a little less than 3
hours...  Lots of opera!  Lots of stars!

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-flat Minor, Op. 23
1. Allegro non troppo e molto maestoso – Allegro con spirito
Charles Gounod, Romeo and Juliet
I: "Je veux vivre" (Juliette)
Georges Bizet, Carmen
II: "Votre toast... je peux..." - "Toréador, en garde" (Escamillo, Pastia, Zuniga,
Carmen, Chorus, Frasquita, Pastia, Dancaire)
Gaetano Donizetti, La Fille du Régiment
I: "Ah mes amis" (Tonio)
Gaetano Donizetti, Lucia di Lammermoor
III: "Il dolce suono"
Giacomo Puccini, Tosca
III: "E lucevan le stelle"
Giuseppe Verdi, Don Carlo
II, Restate!
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Seven Romances, Op. 47
No. 6 Does the day reign
Sergei Rachmaninov, Italian Polka for four hands piano in E-flat minor TN II/21
Mikhail Glinka, Ruslan and Lyudmila
Overture
Giuseppe Verdi, Rigoletto
I, 2: "È il sol dell'anima" - "Addio... speranza ed anima"
Umberto Giordano, Andrea Chénier
III: « Nemico della patria »
Jacques Offenbach, Robinson Crusoé
II: Edwige's Waltz "Take Me Away to the One I Adore"
Giacomo Puccini, Turandot
III, 1: "Nessun dorma!"
II, 2: "In questa Reggia"
Agustin Lara, Granada
Nikolai Devitte / Evgeny Grebenka, "Dark eyes"
Russian song "Kalinka"
Giuseppe Verdi, La Traviata
I: "Libiamo, ne' lieti calici"