Subject: Re: Bonaldo Giaiotti
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 12 Jun 2018 17:50:15 -0400

There were two singers at the Met who, in the sixties, found a fan
base, and, occasionally, a star turn.. but. Their names - Lilli Chookasian
and Exio Fagello. I found both of them quite ordinary, though he had
an impressive voice, quite different from her, a voice that stopped
dead in its tracks at the top of the staff. She could be interesting on
stage, a talent that totally escaped him. His Falstaff was the ultimate
example of "how not to".

Sorry to say, Russ, I saw both of them a number of times, and though it
is I who has injected Chookasian into this conversation, I see them
as joined at the hip in their ultimate effect, and, at exactly the same
time. Ordinary, to be kind!

Bob