Subject: Milanov's choppy phrasing
From: Matt Carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 12 Jun 2018 14:53:14 -0400

I know little about Zinka Milanov's career, so I recently listened to her in AIDA with Bjorling.

I  dislike her choppy phrasing.   She doesn't have much sense of legato, at least in this recording.  I've gotten used to more sumptuous timbres singing Aida, so Milanov's voice doesn't fit in my view of Aida.

Is that representative of Milanov's voice?  Are there other recordings that display her voice in a better way?