Subject: Re: Bonaldo Giaiotti
From: David Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 12 Jun 2018 14:43:23 -0400

My most vivid memory of him is as Alvise with Tebaldi and Rankin. He was
overshadowed during his prime by Tozzi and Siepi, with the result that
while he was often seen as Ramfis, Sparafucile, and even in Wagner as King
Henry, he rarely got the big-role opportunities he deserved. An imposing
figure too, with facial features that recall Broadway/film actor Fritz
Weaver.

He deservedly OWNED Timur from the premiere through the '60s, and recorded
it too.

He was on Facebook. I couldn't say whether he or family/friends/caretakers
managed the account, but fwiw he accepted my friend request.

In 1978 a small company (?) gave him a chance to do a fully staged
Mefistofele: https://religionnews.com/2018/06/08/dolan-oped/

There are other Giaiotti clips on YouTube: a masterclass in Japan, Ol' Man
River, etc.

-David Wagner