Subject: Re: Bonaldo Giaiotti
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 12 Jun 2018 12:42:42 -0400

Tom

I heard him many times, in roles both large and small. He was a very
fine singer, with a comfortable range from top to bottom. I never
heard him defeated by music, and though he did not impose huge
personality upon music, he was no dummy on the stage. His Timur
was the first that most of us ever saw when he sang it in the new
production that introduced Nilsson's Turandot and Corelli's Calaf
to the Met. They, along with Moffo and Stokowski, gave us one of
the truly legendary events in the history of that august theater.

His Guardiano was one of those really pleasant surprises that singers
sometimes spring upon their audiences. I expected staid and I got
splendid.

And that beat continued throughout his career.

To his memory!

Bob