Subject: Re: Very Warm for May (was Renee Fleming)
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:39:53 -0400

But of course how times have changed. If "110" were premiering now, it would probably
have been called "The Rainmaker: The Musical." I liked when adaptations would strive to
come up with their OWN titles, and not just make a commercial nod to the original
source. (Interesting to note that all the new Tony-nominated musicals this season were
simply given the name of their most relevant/famous source material - but the revivals all
had their own original titles. Times really have changed.)

And by the way, the wonderful Harvey Schmidt who write the score for "110" (and who of
course is best known for the score to "The Fantasticks"), passed away at the end of
February this year. His writing partner, Tom Jones, is still with us.