Subject: Re: the real final night at the old Met 1966
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 11 Jun 2018 13:34:35 -0400

I have never mentioned backstage facilities, but I will say that
whatever their shortcomings, they didn't interfere with more than
half a century's worth of magnificent performances.  Nor did
complaints begin to proliferate until it was decided that they
might be a good way to help in instigating a move.

No matter where I sat in the old place, I was never behind a post;
it just doesn't work that way, and I have numerous clear 8x10 photos
to prove it.  The trouble with seats on the side of any theater, new or
old, is that views of the stage are obstructed, partially or seriously,
depending on how high up you go.    That is why, after the remedy
Richard Wagner demonstrated at Bayreith, no horseshoe theater
should ever have been built again.

dtmk