Subject: Re: Very Warm for May (was Renee Fleming)
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 11 Jun 2018 13:06:00 -0400

It sounds like that McGlinn thing again  No thanks.

The show was a famous flop; this tedious clip may help to
explain why, with or without the video.

Look for a clip of Kate Smith doing "When Your Lover Has
Gone" if you want to hear how close a pop singer can get to
turning a torch song into an opera aria.  She did it often, in
an arrangement like no other, best heard in her Carnegie Hall
album.

dtmk