Subject: Re: the real final night at the old Met 1966
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:22:46 -0700

No need to get so excited, it was all conjecture anyway.  As for the poles,
no one said there weren't poles.  I might have said that despite of the
lack of poles or obstructions in the new house, the shape of the auditorium
caused most of the side balconies to have obstructed views.  Dead on great
views in the new house are only in the center.  The sides stink.  The Lyric
is a big house but no side views, much better there.  As for the bathroom
situation, I'm sure it was horrible, especially for the ladies but guess
what?  The bathroom situation at the New Met isn't so great either.  Men
are OK, not great but OK, but the ladies always have a line.  Not nearly
enough.  The Bastille in Paris BTW has the same problem.