Subject: Re: Very Warm for May (was Renee Fleming)
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:44:02 -0500

For me, the best version of “All the things you are” is the one recorded by Ezio Pinza in 1951. It’s gorgeous!

The song is included in a CD called “Ezio Pinza Some Enchanted Evening” and includes, in addition to the above:

• “Some enchanted evening” and “This nearly was mine”  - both taken live from The Bell Telephone Hour in 1949, during the time he was appearing in South Pacific
• “Bali ha’i” - a studio recording
• and many other selections from shows and movies.

I highly recommend the disc for all Pinza fans. The “Bali ha’i” came as a real surprise to me since I never knew that he had recorded it.

Kurt Youngmann

> On Jun 11, 2018, at 9:56 AM, daaaac <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Here is All the things you are as it is heard in the show.
>
> http://www.collup.com/allthethingsyouare.mp3 <http://www.collup.com/allthethingsyouare.mp3>
>
> It was one of thee first shows that Sondheim saw, age 9

"The jury could get the case as early as next week, but the defense says they just want to introduce one last-minute load of crap." - Bill Maher