Subject: Re: the nilsson live set on sony classical (Re: Solti Tristan (Re: Audiophile opera reissues))
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 8 Jun 2018 09:06:17 -0700

The Decca blu-ray audio “Tristan” has both a blu-ray disc and a set of CDs based on the remastering.

The rehearsal segment is there on the blu-ray, but not on the CDs (there are just 3 - one per act).

I also passed on the Big B Decca box because I already have 99% of its content on LP and CD. Would have considered re-buying if it had come with the material also on high res blu-ray audio, but it doesn’t seem to.

The Sony Nilsson set, all live performances, seems more interesting for me.

Max Paley