Subject: Edwin Stringham and the Sextet in Lucia di Lammermoor
From: Robert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 10 Jun 2018 21:10:18 -0700

I have been on this Listserve since around 1999 and I have never heard
anyone mention Edwin Stringham

and his excellent book. I think many Listers would like it.  I have a
blog (lovesongsinspanish.wordpress.com)

and today I quoted a passage from Stringham on the Sextet in Lucia. I
tried to cut and paste it here but it

didn't work. I you would like to read it, visit my blog of today, June 10.

Best wishes,

Robert Thomson

www.godwinbooks.com

Here are the first few lines of today's blog:

In my next blogs I will be writing about some of my favorite books,
starting with Edwin Stringham and Barbara Tuchman (“The March of Folly:
from Troy to Viet Nam”). For music appreciation the best book I know of
is Edwin Stringham’s 1959 “Listening to Music Creatively.”  Stringham’s
  summary of the famous sextet in Lucia […] reads as follows: (...)