Subject: Re: Renee Fleming - Broadway album
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 10 Jun 2018 13:38:18 -0400

"Loneliness Of Evening" was written for South Pacific but cut early on. It later found a
home in several stage and TV versions of the Rodgers and Hammerstein "Cinderella" - the
Prince sings it in the 2nd TV version that starred Lesley Ann Warren, for instance.

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 17:05:15 +0000, Sue Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> My burning question about the forthcoming Renee Fleming CD:  What is "Loneliness of
Evening" from R&H's South Pacific?

>Loving the music since my childhood in about 1950, seeing 4 staged productions live
and multiple film or video shows or concert performances, plus all the major recordings
issued, I have never encountered "Loneliness of Evening" except as dialogue spoken by
Emile de Becque before he begins to sing "This Nearly Was Mine."
>Any ideas?
>Sue Harrison
>    On Sunday, June 10, 2018, 9:57:49 AM CDT, tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> As for opera singers singing songs, the other day on You Tube I came across Tebaldi
singing Core n" Grato which when I first heard it, I thought was a wonderful performance
of a song usually sung by a tenor. Hearing her performance, many years since I last
heard it, confirmed my first impression as to how wonderful a performance Renata's was.
I highly recommend it, again. As for Sill's All The Things You Are, I saw that performance
on TV and thought it was enchanting. It showed what a great singing artist can do with a
simple but wonderful song.

behalf of donald kane <[log in to unmask]>

McGlinn<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf80ntbCLCc>