Subject: Re: the nilsson live set on sony classical (Re: Solti Tristan (Re: Audiophile opera reissues))
From: ls111553 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 8 Jun 2018 10:42:43 -0400

Thanks Mike. I was asking about the Blu-ray audio edition of the
Solti-Uhl-Nilsson Tristan. I have sent for it, with or without rehearsal.
No, I wouldn’t pay $200 just to have Solti’s performance as Isolde
inmortalized on CD. In fact, there would be so much repetition with the
Nilsson material I already have, that I will probably pass on the
collection.
However, Solti doing the three Brünnhildes... I would consider...