Subject: The Met's gold curtain
From: William Albright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 8 Jun 2018 09:33:52 -0500

In the recent discussion of the thing, I posted that I had a piece of it as
well as a brick from the old Met. Somebody asked how I got it and I
couldn't remember. So I unearthed the thing and here's what I discovered.
An outfit called One-of-a-Kind apparently got the bricks in 1967 and sold
them. My brick came with a facsimile of the New York Times' front page of
October 22, 1883, which included a review of the house, plus drawings/plans
of the inside and outside of the house and an artist's depiction of a
well-heeled first-night crowd. Sweet.
bill albright