Subject: Re: the real final night at the old Met 1966
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 9 Jun 2018 06:12:18 -0400

Donald

There was a very heavy layer of straw between the ceiling we saw
in the theater and the actual roof that faced the sky. Now, I can
only report on that which was published at the time. It goes like
this - leaks in the roof had caused the straw to become saturated,
increasing the weight to the point that the ceiling was in imminent
danger of collapse, which might have resulted in the deaths of
hundreds of people. Or so it was reported and I have no reason
to question it.

That was just one structural disaster waiting to happen.

And then there's the question of money. "When you wish upon a
star!".

Bob