Subject: the real final night at the old Met 1966
From: Ghozel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 8 Jun 2018 16:36:01 -0400

Based on photos of the Old Met in the New Met Documentary, the seats seems like just metal without cushions, at least up in the Family Circle.  Was that true?

I personally think the New Met should be replaced pretty soon.  The house is just too big.  I have yet to see a comedy performed there.  Even the most intimate of operas has to be presented in a grand way.

No opera house should have obstructed view seats.

I loved the idea of created a second (or Little) MET but it never happened.

Considering how patronage is falling dramatically, I can’t imagine the current MET will make much financial sense within 20 years.