Subject: Re: Claudio Monteverdi: a 451st Birthday Celebration!
From: Don <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 15 May 2018 15:43:23 -0600

​I have to agree with you about Monteverdi.  Such pure and pristine music.
I will never forget a performance of the vespers on its 400th birthday
performed in Santa Fe in the St. Francis Cathedral by the Desert Chorale.
It happened to be part of the 400th birthday of Santa Fe and therefore, was
a once in a million event.  I bought my tickets a year in advance and
people were lined up outside the cathedral begging for any ticket that was
not being used.  The interior of the church was adorned with flags at each
pillar and the performance itself gave me chills it was so well performed.
Don D
​

--
It's amazing how useful it can be.