Subject: Re: Birgit Nilsson Prize
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 May 2018 16:31:58 -0400

While I have never heard a singer on broadcasts who lost very obvious
technical problems in voice production when seen live, enough people have
claimed this who know what they are talking about that I am willing to
suspend judgment -- Stemme is singing 'Elektra' in Chicago next season and I
may well buy a ticket just to have an informed opinion on the subject.

But one is still left to explain things on YouTube like the horrible crack
in 'In questa reggia', so bad it was included in one of the 'Perle Nere'
compilations, and a C in 'O patria mia' the technical feebleness of which I
could not begin to summon up the language to describe.  Nilsson certainly
sang too long in public, but that was about her only fault.  The same
clearly cannot be said of Stemme.

David Kubiak