Subject: Re: Arena Flegrea (was Old fashioned prompters)- Aida cast
From: Juan Dzazopulos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 May 2018 09:59:59 -0400

That Aida performance took place at the Arena Flegrea (Teatro San
Carlo di Napoli, Summer Season) on 24 July 1954, the dream cast was:

Anita Cerquetti (Aida); Elena Nicolai (Amneris); Gino Penno (Radames),
Gian Giacomo Guelfi (Amonasro) and Boris Christoff (Ramfis). The
conductor was Gabriele Santini.

Only in our dreams could we find such a cast nowdays!
-----