Subject: Re: AAP reports restoration soon Met says of Levine broadcasts to Sirius
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 15 May 2018 13:49:34 -0400

If there's ever been an actual sweetie among great conductors; I
don't know who it was.  When players say they love one, I think
it's because of the unusual respect they have for the man's integrity
as a musician, as was the case with Toscanini whose verbal abuse
during rehearsals is well documented.  Equally well documented
were Stokowski's, where exaggerated courtesy mingled with biting
sarcasm.

dtmk