Subject: Re: Old fashioned prompters
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 May 2018 23:25:26 -0400

I remember hearing a Met broadcast of Carmen on Sirius (I don't remember who sang or
when it was, but it was an older broadcast) where, during the applause for the Flower
Song, you could hear a long hummed Db - the last note of the Flower Song and the first
note Carmen responds with after. I can't be sure if it was a the prompter or perhaps the
singer playing Carmen humming the note, but it was clearly the way for the singer to
keep the tonality in her head during the applause. Quite clever.

On Wed, 16 May 2018 20:39:04 -0400, Paul C. Brynan <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>The Met's longtime Italian rep prompter was Antonio Petronio, not Pettonio.  He seemed
to get
>louder as he got older.  Towards the end you could hear him all the way up in Family
Circle