Subject: Re: Old fashioned prompters
From: kurt youngmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 May 2018 22:21:12 -0500

Many years ago, in my youth, I was walking to the parking lot with my date following a Lyric Opera performance of La Boheme. As we were discussing the performance, I asked her if she had been as aware of the prompter’s calling out cues as I was. A gentleman who was a few steps ahead of us turned and asked where our seats had been. Second balcony, I said. “You heard me all the way up there?” he replied!

Kurt Youngmann

“The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post ‘Thou shalt not steal,' 'Thou shalt not commit adultery,' and 'Thou shalt not lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment.” - George Carlin