Subject: Re: Birgit Nilsson Prize
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 May 2018 17:47:04 -0400

Max,

Having just heard her live in two Cleveland Orchestra Tristan's I
completely agree with your assessment.  I was astounded at how fresh and
tireless the voice sounded - no wobble despite years of this punishing
repertory.  She seemed to have almost limitless power to face whatever our
magnificent orchestra could challenge her with.  She is also  "controlled"
intensity on the concert platform - never crossing the line, but drawing
all eyes to her.

A worthy recipient of the Nilsson prize!

Steve