Subject: Re: Birgit Nilsson Prize
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 May 2018 11:14:32 -0700

I have.  Very different vocal composition to what you hear on the radio or
even recordings.  I first heard her as Senta in Bordeaux about 2002.
Obviously the voice has changed but the quality remains the same, always
first rate vocal material.  Its a warmer sound then Nilsson.  While I would
not put her up there with Nilsson, Flagstad, Leider or Traubel, she is
certainly the best in many decades.  I have never totally enjoyed her sound
as it comes across over the airwaves, but live, she has always sent me home
deeply satisfied.  Another Swede I like very much, really like is Katarina
Dalayman who I like just as much.

Donald