Subject: Fwd: AAP reports restoration soon Met says of Levine broadcasts to Sirius
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 15 May 2018 21:29:08 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, May 15, 2018 at 4:02 PM
Subject: Re: AAP reports restoration soon Met says of Levine broadcasts to
Sirius
To: Roger Bell <[log in to unmask]>

I believe you are right about Barbirolli's reputation for being pleasant and
agreeable.  The brevity of his tenure with the N Y Philharmonic has been
cited in the past, as the result of a seeming laxity on his part to which
that
ensemble, having spent so many years under Toscanini and Mengelberg.
was unaccustomed.   Bruno Walter was more well liked and successful in New
York than most of their successors.

dtmk