Subject: Re: Flotow's Martha
From: Isaac Alan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Mar 2018 23:43:46 +0000

I think it is rarely performed, sad, because it contains some delightful music.
A "regie" director would probably set it on cony island in the 1950s, but if he/she had real theatrical vision 😞 it might be set in Afghanistan during the Taliban troubles.
Either setting would be appropriate for regie directors. I think it would take more than Ach so fromm to make it a tenor's opera.