Subject: from memory
From: Charles Mintzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Mar 2018 12:08:58 -0500

In January 2000 I attended a dress rehearsal of Madama Butterfly with Sylvie Valayre and Vladimir Glouzine, the Cio-Cio-San and Pinkerton.
I recall overhearing in the men’s room, two older artists, Charles Anthony and I forget the other guy, talking how impressive was Galouzine’s voice, speculating that he had the vocal chops for Otello.
I checked the database to make sure I didn’t mis-recall the incident. Anthony was in Turandot rehearsals for his last Met appearance.
Charles Mintzer

Modify your settings: