Subject: Re: Pinkerton
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Mar 2018 11:30:30 -0500

I expect that a summation of the number of notes Pinkerton
actually sings would reveal that it is a longer role than in some
operas where the tenor is a "star", RIGOLETTO, for example.
In any case, he dominates the hour long Act One of  MADAMA
BUTTERFLY, with some of the most beautiful music any tenor
could wish to sing.  I always look forward to the trio with Suzuki
and Sharpless as well, just before his "addio", in the final scene..

dtmk