Subject: Dame Gwyneth's trifecta
From: Michael Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Mar 2018 07:32:14 -0500

Every performance with her was an adventure in sound but perhaps the most
amazing were the series of Elektras in 1994 at the Met, with Rysanek as
Chrysothermis, Levine conducting. Amazing....and I thought to myself at the
time, how is this possible, how can these be so fantastic?

In 1978, some 16 years earlier, I had heard a magical Rosenkavalier in
Munich, we left the theatre on wobbly legs, only find out that the previous
night she had sung the Walkure Brunnhilde in Bayreuth and the next night
was singing the Siegfried Brunnhilde!!!!...I never thought she could last
with that kind of punishing schedule but she certainly dd, to our great
pleasure.She was a true stage animal, and loved to sing.....

Mike