Subject: Re: Lotte Schone
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Feb 2018 23:37:07 -0600

Gordon:
    I agree with you 100%.  Lotte Schone had a gorgeous voice and her singing of this Butterfly excerpt is exquisite. The 1928 recording captures her voice beautifully.  This is how a lyric soprano should sound to me.  I'd have loved to hear her Mimi, Liu, etc. The fact that she's singing in German doesn't take away a thing.  This is the singing of a master.  Thanks so much for sharing this link.