Subject: Re: Butterfly Broadcast from the Met on WQXR
From: tenoringa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 3 Mar 2018 23:35:07 +0000

Jaho has a lovely sound, but it was frequently marred by VERY serious sharping with many of her high notes, a couple of times painfully so. There were a couple of wayward pitches in the duet with Suzuki too. Again, she makes a beautiful sound, but the pitch problems really ruined it for me. The men I found pretty pedestrian. Before people pile on with criticisms, I'm a professional singer and voice/music professor, so pitch is something I'm especially sensitive about. Sharpness (not "Sharpless"...LOL) betrays some technical issues which I hope she irons out as it IS a wonderful sound. Maybe it was just today...