Subject: Re: New York Times article on Maestro Yannick Nézet-Séguin
From: Ken Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Mar 2018 14:19:08 -0500

I agree, but the irony is that fluff stories like this may sell more tickets
than reviews, which to be really understood demand at least some small
amount of musical knowledge and understanding. Even that small demand can
intimidate some readers, and put off lazy ones. I hate the word “sexy” for
articles like this, but they do have an appeal that, for many readers,
reviews don’t.