Subject: Re: The death of CDs was: CDs was: Re: The 1937 Salzburg Don Giovanni
From: "ls111553 ." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 3 Mar 2018 05:30:02 +0000

The headline is mostly clickbait. CD sales may be lower, but the main
reason Best Buy and Target are removing them is because Amazon and other
online retalers have taken over the retail CD business. Moreover, also from
the article, CD remains a very strong in Asian and European markets.

Like everything, something new replaces the old, but I believe reports
about ”the death of the CD” are sensasionalistic and still premature.

When I can no longer order CD’s, SACDs or Blu-Rays from Amazon Japan, I may
shed a tear or two.