Subject: Re: Peter Grimes
From: Mura Kievman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Mar 2018 20:56:38 -0500

Back when the current Met production was brand new a singer friend
was given tickets to a Met performance by her opera-loving boss, and
I was invited to join her.  I was asked which opera I'd like to see
and I told her, but the boss had other ideas in mind and gave us
seats to Peter Grimes.  While I am a fan of Britten's works, I was
unfamiliar with Grimes.  I wasn't happy with the opera chosen but a
ticket in hand is worth one in the bush, or something of the
sort.  We both totally loved the production and the opera. At the
same time, I can understand why a newcomer to the opera might not be
enchanted immediately!

I loved the performance so much that I immediately purchased CDs of
three other performances ...

Modify your settings: