Subject: Re: In the Maestro's Thrall
From: Joel Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Mar 2018 15:16:09 -0800

I found this link:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/03/02/cleveland/cn2Sathz0EMJcdpYouoPjM/story.html

The story is indeed horrifying.

-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion of opera and related issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kiwi
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2018 3:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]

Donald,

Unlike others, I find the psychology of people in power fascinating:  what is the famous saying?  Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely?  Too many folks in too many walks of life use whatever power they have to achieve a wide assortment of ends, including sexual favors.
It's a tale as old as time, and, again unlike others, I don't think the tale should be swept away, ignored, or forgotten, especially for something as flimsy as excuse of 'but I liked what he/she/they did/produced/created, and therefore even bad behavior is to be tolerated.'

I think we all need to be reminded with regularity that even our heroes have feet of clay.

Is there a link you can share?  I know I can probably look it up but.... :)