Subject: Re: Favorite non-opera vocal works?
From: Kenneth Bleeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Mar 2018 10:00:39 -0500

Melchior and Leider sang in five Met performances of Tristan in January and
March 1933 (one in Philadelphia, one in Baltimore). Acts 1 and 2 were
broadcast on March 8, so this is perhaps the source of the performance you
refer to. The great Melchior/Leider Tristan Act 2 excerpts were in fact
studio recordings, made in Berlin in 1929 and conducted by Albert Coates.