Subject: Re: Early Gwyneth Jones
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Mar 2018 16:43:21 -0500

When she was a guest at the BBC Desert Island Disc, she singled out that
particular performance with Vickers as her ultimate desert island choice. I
thought it odd because I didn't associate Jones, or Vickers for that
matter, with Monteverdi's operas, but now I am really curious to hear it.

I'll have a few guests over this Sunday to watch FIDELIO on the 1970 video
with her Leonore and James King's Florestan, which I recently acquired. I
read excellent reviews so I assume that the wobble hasn't yet affected her
singing.

Vesna