Subject: Sonia Yoncheva Verdi Arias CD
From: Sergio da Silva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Mar 2018 16:35:15 -0500

I haven't posted for a long time, too busy at work .
Anyway I'll be quick, what a disaster this is!
Several flat notes, strident, my ears were bleeding when the CD ended!
Early Verdi is fiendishly difficult to sing, closer to bel canto requires a
lot of technique something Yoncheva seems not to have.
It is a real disappointment but sort of expected after the Handel CD where
she also lacked technique.
But I recognize I may be alone turning into an old hermit :-)
What did other posters think?