Subject: Re: Favorite non-opera vocal works?
From: william kasimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Mar 2018 09:49:49 -0500

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 22:33:02 -0500, Kenneth Bleeth <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>you're thinking of Leider, who recorded parts of the Act 2 duet with
>Melchior in 1929. It's a studio recording, and it's neither "dim" nor

If I recall correctly, among the first Met broadcasts were some Tristan excerpts with Leider
and Melchior.  I've never heard them (I'm not sure if they've ever been issued
commercially), but I'm guessing that these are the recordings to which Ray refers, not the
studio recording of the Liebesnacht.

Modify your settings: