Subject: Early Gwyneth Jones
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Mar 2018 15:25:27 -0500

First, so there are no polemics over the fact, I think Gwyneth Jones was
(is) an extraordinary artist.  This is a purely technical question.  I just
discovered the final duet from 'Poppea' with Vickers in 1978 and could
hardly believe she was the singer.  How did she go from the ability to sing
like that so quickly to the wobble-problems that even her most ardent
admirers have to acknowledge (as I believe she did herself)?

David Kubiak

Modify your settings: