Subject: Seattle Ring ... When?
From: Mark Bartelt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Mar 2018 10:20:38 -0800

I was curious as to whether any of the OPERA-L folks might have
any inside info re what Seattle Opera's plans are (if any) for
their next Ring Cycle.

I made three trips to Seattle for their previous production (in
2005, 2009, and 2013) and absolutely loved it; and was extremely
disappointed to learn that 2013 would be the last time they'd be
doing that one.  But at the time, something I read implied that
they'd still continue with their "every four years" approach but
that 2017 would see the debut of a new production.

As we all know, they didn't do a Ring last year.  And in fact the
page at ...

... says "Please note: contrary to some 3rd party ticket seller
website listings, our next Ring performances will not take place
in 2017."  And that page dates from more than three years ago (it
was placed there in late February of 2015).  So they had clearly
abandoned their "every four years" tradition quite a while ago.

But I'm just wondering whether anybody might know whether they're
planning a new Ring, and if so when it's likely to happen.

Modify your settings: