Subject: Frida Leider (was Re: Favorite non-opera vocal works?)
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Mar 2018 19:50:25 -0500

Don't you think it's time to change the subject heading?  We haven't seen a post on "favorite
non-opera vocal works" under this heading for some time now.

One of my favorite Leider recordings, which I first heard on a 78 rpm, is "Or sai che l'onore"
from "Don Giovanni."  It is absolutely thrilling, beautifully sung and very dramatic.  Leider is
who I play in my mind's ear when I think of this aria.

Re that 1933 live Met "Tristan" recording - yes, the sound is not very good, but one can hear
Leider quite clearly.  It shows why she was such and incandescent performer.

MDW