Subject: Re: Speedo?
From: "David M. Wagner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 7 Mar 2018 22:57:41 -0500

When I lived in Virginia Beach, I got to  know folks at the Governor’s School for the Arts, in Norfolk, a supplementary public high school with departments in opera, Broadway, orchestra, and dance. Admission is by audition, and students still have to attend, and get good grades at, a “regular” school in the morning.

The head of GSA’s Vocal Arts Dept. is Alan Fischer, a fan of my dad’s radio program, who also does character tenor roles at the Virginia Opera.

Ryan is a GSA alum. I wish I could now tell you that I got the skinny on the middle name, but everyone at GSA maintains an air of mystery about it. Those who know don’t tell, those who tell don’t know - and nobody tells!

NB Besides Ryan, keep your attention on a soon-to-rise lyric soprano named Malia Diaz. Having graduated from GSA, she’s now a senior at Hollins. At GSA she sang Despina (junior year) and Susanna (senior year), both fully staged, uncut productions.

David Wagner

Sent from my iPhone