Subject: Re: Favorite non-opera vocal works?
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Mar 2018 21:18:14 +0000

Hi Donald

Not quite! She sang in opera as late as March 1941 at Genoa's
Carlo Felice. The opera was "Gotterdammerung" and the cast
included Max Lorenz, a woman named Gatti Porcinai, Apollo
Granforte and Giulio Neri conducted by Del Campo.

She had managed to get her husband out of Germany, to Switzerland
I think, but she stayed behind and did sing occasionally, at least
until this Genoa engagement. There were three performances.

Bob