Subject: Re: Hina Spani
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 6 Mar 2018 15:09:45 -0800

Interesting about Callas and Spani in “Trovatore” but unlikely that it passed through Serafin. Since he wasn’t conducting her first performances, Serafin refused to coach Callas on the role, leaving her on her own to learn it. If she was clued in to Spani. she might well have listened to those recordings.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPhone