Subject: Re: Vocal Training and Two Great Tenors
From: Tom Wikman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 6 Mar 2018 04:43:34 +0000

"By his own account Corelli took lessons from half the voice teachers in Italy, including some famous singers."
Obviously, you know something that I didn't. Every interview I ever saw with Corellihe maintained that he took a couple of lessons with Melocchi, and worked somewith Lauri-Volpi. He never mentioned "half the voice teachers in Italy." In any event,it didn't sound like he had any sustained relationship with anybody besides Lauri-Volpi, and he was careful to not call those encounters "voice lessons."

    On Monday, March 5, 2018 9:31 PM, Stefan Zucker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 By his own account Corelli took lessons from half the voice teachers in Italy, including some famous singers. For particulars see Franco Corelli and a Revolution in Singing: Fifty-Four Tenors Spanning 200 Years, vol. 2.

Stefan