Subject: Re: Vocal Training and Two Great Tenors
From: Tom Wikman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 6 Mar 2018 01:38:59 +0000

Corelli took a couple of lessons with Melocchi, and later worked with Giacomo Lauri-Volpi, but was largely self trained.
Pavarotti took a lesson every day from Arrigo Pola, andthen went to Ettore Campogalliani. 6-7 years of lessons. Pola taughtin his own home. I don't know about Campogalliani, but in any event,neither tenor went to conservatory. They were great students of singing,however.