Subject: Re: Lease favorite non-operatic work.
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 26 Feb 2018 20:07:42 -0800

Interesting, Gordon. I remember the same pairing in San Francisco in 1971; Leontyne Price was Giorgetta.

I like “Carmina Burana” if it’s really well done. That means really precise, clean playing and singing. Aside from the soprano, I think the baritone solos are really beautiful.

My favorite recording is the early 70s Michael Tilson Thomas recording with brilliant execution by the Cleveland Orchestra and beautiful solo singing by Judith Blegen and an excellent baritone I never heard again, Peter Binder.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPhone