Subject: Re: Lease favorite non-operatic work.
From: gordon young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 26 Feb 2018 20:54:11 -0600

It was in the mid-70s when the Dallas Opera performed Carmina Burana on a
double bill with Tabarro. Of course Tabarro for some of us was the main
draw as it was one of the opera Dallas did with Magda Olivero. The Burana
was attempting to be very avant-garde taking video of the audience arriving
and mingling before the opera. As I write I seem to remember that the
chorus came down the aisles thru the audience. I don't remember a moment of
it even though Margot Fonteyn. I think one of my problems with Carmina
Burana is that I associate with my hippie-dippie years.
Gordon